We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us by doing the following:
- Contact GOV.UK
- Add the web address (URL) of the page the content’s on or choose the whole site.
- Let us know your issue.
- Enter your name and email address if you want a response, or leave this blank if you want to remain anonymous.
If you request a response, we’ll aim to reply within 2 working days.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
GDS is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- The “Our Shared Values” embedded video is not accessible to users with low vision, visual impairments and blind users as no audio or transcript is
available to convey the written information presented within the video. In the near future we will be providing subtitles/closed captions for the video.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested in February 2021. The test was carried out by The Method Consulting.